Monday, February 17, 2014

Sweet Love and Grace

  I have noticed more than a few times how much having the gospel in my life has blessed it. I am constantly given blessings and reminders of blessings to keep me going. When I have a hard day and I feel like the world is crashing in, it is followed by a day of wonderful blessings to remind me that all is well.

  I had one of those "hard days" recently. I was losing my ability to stay positive and when all seemed lost, my prayers were answered! I was able to turn around my whole week and start new again. I feel so lifted up and peaceful again! I want to share with the world how happy this life has made me since returning to church about 3 years ago. I was able to receive my endowments almost two years ago and it has given me the promised blessings of strength and safety that I so desperately needed in my life! My heart is so full today, I wish I could share it with everyone I came across in my life. The ability to express my joy for life is totally lost to me. I have no words to help others understand just how much I feel inside.

  I am so grateful that I had the courage to get on my knees one night and ask for God's help. I didn't even know for sure that he was there and that I would get an answer, but he knew my heart was ready. I had really gotten to the place where I had a "broken heart and a contrite spirit". It means so much more when you get there than others could understand. It's not so much a  reaching in thin air as it sounded to me in the beginning. It is the ability to humble yourself to a point of being able to listen. God spoke to me in numerous ways since then, but because I was willing to follow and grow my faith in him, I have come so far. My life will never be the same, and I am sooo glad! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment